This is a 100 mile race taking place on Saturday, November 7, 2020. The race will start at Beal's Point in the beautiful Sierra Foothills of California, about 40 minutes east of Sacramento.
- There are no refunds allowed for any reason including race cancellation. The Race Director reserves the right to modify or cancel the race or course for safety concerns or natural disaster. In such cases there will be No Refunds of race entry fees. Each athlete must accept any such risk of their entry fee paid. There is no complimentary race entry to a future race.
- Entry fees collected are used to develop and produce the event, starting well in advance of the race date – including course preparation, race supplies, permits and administration. We pledge to make every effort to produce a fair and safe event for all participants. Any decision we make that impacts the race date or potential cancellation is carefully considered and based on the overall event safety and manageability.
- Entry fees are non-transferable between individuals or to future races.
Participants will receive the following items:
- Well stocked and themed aid stations
- Enthusiastic volunteers
- Technical Shirt
- Finisher's Jacket (for those finishing sub-30 hours)
- Finisher's Belt Buckles (for those finishing sub-30 hours)
- Finisher's medallion
- Goodie Swag Bag
- Night time and sunrise breakfast
- Post race festival
Each Rio Del Lago 100 runner is required to volunteer a minimum of 6 hours of service towards trail maintenance, a trail or road race event between December 1, 2019 and October 25, 2020 as a condition for participation at the 2020 event. Download our volunteer service form here.
Race Check In
All runners must check in on Friday, November 6, 2020 at: Fleet Feet - Folsom
6610 Folsom-Auburn Rd, Folsom, CA 95630
Phone : 916-358-9484
** Packet Pickup is from 12PM to 7PM **
For more information about Folsom State Recreation Area, click here.
- All participants must pick up their packet and bib number on Friday, November 6th from 12PM to 7PM at Fleet Feet - Folsom.
- There will be a course briefing at 4:30 A.M. on Saturday morning before the race starts.
- Drop bags will be collected on Saturday starting 4:00 A.M. until 4:45 A.M.
- Race will start at 5:00 A.M. SHARP!!
Drop Bags & Pacers
- All drop bags are collected on race morning at the start.
- Please look for the proper sign with your desired location.
- Please label your drop bag with your name and bib number.
- Drop bags should not be larger than 12" x 18"
- Pacers may have a drop bag at Beal's Point and can bring upon arrival. If a pacer needs a drop bag on course, it must be left at the start on race morning.
- Please do NOT leave any valuables including keys, iPods, cell phones, etc in your drop bag.
- NorCalUltras is NOT responsible for the loss of any drop bags.
- It is the responsibility of each runner to claim his or her drop bags. If you cannot retrieve your drop bags, have someone else do it for you. Drop bags must be claimed by 12:00 PM, Sunday (real clock time, not race clock time).
- Drop Bags will NOT be mailed to anyone. Any drop bags not picked up by 12PM will be gathered up and a team will go thru the bags and dispose of anything perishable and then donate all remaining clothing/shoes/bags/bottles/etc... to a local shelter.
- Pacers can ONLY join a runner at the Overlook on the outbound (mile 44.50), No Hands Bridge on the outboud (mile 48.5) and the inbound/return (mile 70.5), the Overlook on the inbound/return (mile 74.5) and also at Rattlesnake Bar (mile 83.5).
- Pacers must be at least 18 years of age. (Specific exceptions may be made in advance of the Run by the Run Director.)
- You may have more than one pacer to help you get to the finish line, but runners may be accompanied by no more than one pacer at a time.
- Pacers do need to check in prior to running to sign a waiver as well as pick up a PACER bib. This can be done at Packet PickUp on Friday or on race day, pacers MUST pick-up waiver/bib at one of two locations - Beal's State Park in Folsom or Overlook Park in Auburn. Plan accordingly, these items will not be available at No Hands or Rattlesnake Bar aid stations.
- Pacers also need to clearly identify themselves at every aid station.
- Pacers should be well conditioned to travel the distance with their runner.
- Pacers are responsible for their own transportation to and from their starting location. Race management will not organize or facilitate any shuttle.
- Pacers may eat and drink from the aid station tables. Pacers must enter and exit with their runner. No "muling" is allowed. "Muling" is when a pacer carries any supplies (drinks, food, clothing, etc) for the runner outside of the aid station area.
- No trekking poles for runners or pacers, no dogs, no bikes, no horses.
- If you are pacing, you must pick up your bib AND sign the waiver during one of these designated times. No exceptions!
- - Friday, November 6th – 12 Noon – 7 P.M., Fleet Feet Sports Folsom
- - Saturday, November 7th – 10 A.M. – 10 P.M., Beal’s Point, Folsom Lake
Drop Bag Locations
- Beale's Point (Start, Mile 18.5 and Finish)
- Rattlesnake Bar (Miles 35.5 and 83.5)
- Overlook (Miles 44.5 and 74.5)
- Auburn Lake Trails (Mile 59.0)
Drop Bag Return
All drop bags must be retrieved at the finish line on event weekend, by 12PM (noon) on Sunday. If you must leave early, please have a friend or family member pick up your drop bag. Any unclaimed drop bags remaining after the finish will be donated to charity on Monday following the race. We will NOT mail drop bags after the event. Thank you for your cooperation and understanding with our updated policy. Race management works very hard to expedite drop bag retrieval in a timely manner. However, we ask for your patience. All drop bags on course will not be returned to Beal's Point (finish line) until the aid station is officially closed. If you need your bag sooner, please make arrangements to retrieve them from the aid station. Thanks for your understanding and assistance with these guidelines.
Crew Driving Instructions
Excellent areas from which to view runners are Beal’s Point, Granite Beach, Rattlesnake Bar, and the Auburn Dam Overlook.
Park fees: Rio Del Lago travels through the California State Parks – Gold Fields District and the Auburn State Recreation Area.
All crewing and viewing areas are located in the California State Parks District and require a ($12) fee per vehicle unless you have a Golden Poppy Pass. If you frequently patron the Rio Del Lago trails (also home to AR50, Way Too Cool), please consider supporting the CA State Parks and purchase a Golden Poppy Pass.
Crews are responsible for paying the day use fees ($12) for entrance in to the State Parks. If there is not a ranger present at the kiosk in to the parks, you are still responsible for self-payment through their drop box as you enter the parks. Crews need only to pay one time at a State Parks kiosk, but must show their receipt upon entry to each park at the entrance.
Tips for Crewing
Ultra runners really like a little extra TLC that can only come from friends and family. That's where Crew Teams come in to play. If you have agreed to be part of a Crew you are in for a great time! Here are some tips and pointers to make your crew experience as enjoyable as a gig like this could possibly be...
Crew Driving Directions
Click here to view driving directions for all accessible areas.
Welcome to the City of Folsom and the start line of the 20th Annual Rio Del Lago 100 Mile Endurance Run! We invite you to explore all of the outdoor recreation, attractions, fine dining and shopping that Folsom has to offer. Visit http://www.visitfolsom.com.
All of our Rio del Lago 100 guests staying at our Folsom Hotels will receive:
- Be sure to ask for the Rio Del Lago rate to get the special room prices.
- Be sure to ask about deposits and refund policies as they may vary from hotel to hotel.
Rio Del Lago Host Hotel
Lake Natoma Inn
702 Gold Lake Drive
Folsom, CA 95630
Click here for 2019 reservations
*Rates start at $97/night for single or double occupancy. Rates good thru 10/25/19.
121 Iron Point Road
Folsom, CA 95630
Rio Del Lago 2019 - Reserve Today!
*Studios $109/night and One-Bedroom Suites $129/night. Includes breakfast and Wi-Fi. Two (2) night minimum required.
Hampton Inn and Suites
155 Placerville Road
Folsom, CA 95630
Must reserve by: Oct 25, 2019
Click here for 2019 reservations
*Double Queen $119/night or King Bed Study $99/night. Includes Breakfast. No Shuttle.
Fairfield Inn and Suites - Marriott
1755 Cavitt Drive
Folsom, CA 95630
Must reserve by: Oct 18, 2019
*King Bed $129.00/night and Double Queen $129/night.
Click here for 2019 reservations
Awards and Timing
Capital Road Race Management is the official timing company of RDL. We will be using the ChronoTrack B-tag timing system. You must wear your B-tag on your shorts or singlet. If you do not wear your B-tag following the instructions, you will not receive an official time nor be eligible for an award. Please read the B-tag instructions here.
Overall awards will be given to the top three male and female. If you are competing for a top 3 overall award, you will be scored on "gun time." All age division awards will be based on chip time.
Age group awards will be given to the top 3 in each ten year age division for both male and female.
All official finishers (under 30 hours) receive a finisher's jacket and finisher's belt buckle. You will be presented with your finisher's jacket and belt buckle when you cross the finish line.
A reminder that while we must order the jackets well before the event, we will do our very best to insure that you receive the jacket size you requested. If you are not happy with the way your jacket fits, you must wait until the event is over before we can exchange your jacket for a different size if the size is available. Shirts can be exchanged for a different size at the finish line, depending on availability.
Post Race Festival
You came to Rio Del Lago to run 100 miles, but you'll want to stay long after the race for the post celebration eats.
Catering to the hungry Rio 100 mile finishers:
- All night until the finish, we'll be serving up the following hearty fare:
- Homemade veggie soup from Chef Tim Ruffino will warm you down to your toes and fill you up after your 100 mile journey.
- Baja Fresh will have hearty chicken and veggie burritos, cheese quesadillas and chips and salsa, and starting at 5 A.M. they'll add in fresh egg burritos with and without meat.
- Bob's Bistro will be cooking from 6 A.M. – 12 noon on Sunday:
- Happy Hundred Hot Cakes
- Sizzling Bacon – Just the way Porky Pig would want it!
- Wide eyed Cup o' Joe
Fit for Girls exists to improve the overall health and well-being of adolescent girls. Within the context of physical fitness training, girls participate in lessons on a variety of topics such as nutrition, time management, and friendships. With this information and support, girls learn to make healthy choices, set goals and overcome obstacles while training for a 5k race. Fit for Girls provides participants with the opportunity to use commitment and hard work to build confidence, learn resiliency skills, and experience success as they cross the first of many literal and figurative finish lines!
Rio 100 Mile Endurance Run Coaching/Training
Contact Tom Flahavan